CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 7, 2010

What a Bargain!

If you haven't checked out Craigslist, you should! It's a great way to sell or buy ANYTHING from cities in your area. Around our area, you can search for items to buy or sell in Fort Smith, Fayetteville, or Little Rock. If you are seriously looking for an item, you really have to check the site numerous times a day and be super fast in replying to an item that you want to buy. We decided to get another crib, changing table, and dresser for baby #2 since Madison will only be 19 months when he is born. We went all out and bought great furniture for Madison's nursery. It's convertible and will literally last forever. We really didn't want to spend much on a second set of nursery furniture so we decided to start looking for used furniture. Craigslist is the way to go. I've spent many hours on Craigslist searching for a great deal and I've missed out on many. People are not great at replying back to your emails and by the time that they finally do...their item is sold. It's really hard not to get wrapped up in all of this, but it so happens! My husband has had to quote a little Dave Ramsey to me (which I don't necessarily like) during this process..."Don't get attached." Well, I got my heart broken over a few items, and finally learned my lesson to "not get attached." And like my husband always says, "Good things come to those who wait." And it's true. But you can't wait too long, or someone else will get it before you!

So, I got this cherry crib for $80, mattress included. It was a pretty good deal. We drove to Ozark today and picked it up. I also got a cherry changing table for $15 from Van Buren today. It matches the crib perfectly. It's got several marks on it where the cherry finish has been chewed off the legs by a dumb dog. Yes, dumb! We'll have to touch it up with a marker. I'm pretty proud of my great finds. It's been a long journey! You probably have no idea what I mean unless you've taken part of Craigslist yourself.

After every girl has worn herself out finding a great bargain, she's gotta eat! Especially if she's a pregnant girl...which I am. We stopped at Chili's in Van Buren and had a great meal. Madison was not enjoying sitting in her high chair, but towards the end of our meal, I handed her a fork and fry. She loved it.

Step 1: Stab it.

Step 2: Aim fork towards your mouth.

Step 3: Pull fork away from mouth and eat it!

Tomorrow we have a wedding to attend. One of Gabe's therapists from the clinic is tying the knot in Conway! I think we'll enjoy another great meal while we're away. Have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment