CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Cont.

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan

I read this quote over on Kelly's Korner. Isn't it so true? Although, it kind of depends on what kind of pie we're talking about. I could see myself cutting each of the pieces small so that "everyone" could have a bite. :)

I absolutely loved Mother's Day last year. We dedicated Madison to the Lord at our church on Mother's Day and it was such a neat day for me. Madison was only about 3 months old and she looked so precious in her little pink dress and bonnet. Gabe hated the bonnet...said it made her look like a girl from Little House on the Prairie, but it was the best I could find at the time.

Here we are...our brand new family of three on Mother's Day 2009. This was SUCH a fun and special day! I told Gabe this morning that I wish we had another baby to dedicate today. We'll have another sweet little boy soon. Can't wait.

We headed to my parents' house after church for Mother's Day. We enjoyed a great meal of brisket, pinto beans, potato salad, deviled eggs, salad, yummy rolls, and banana pudding. It was yum! I had 5 rolls. Yeah, I know! My mom bought this cute little dress for Madison. Isn't it so cute?

We headed over to Gabe's parents this evening. Gabe and I gave Margaret a name sign for Mother's Day. Her sign is painted brown with the name FREYALDENHOVEN across it in tan letters. The first names of every one in their family are across the sign in the middle in red. She liked it!

A girl in Russellville has a home business called The Dandy Lion and sells all sort of these signs. You can get them personalized in any color and with any name or saying. You can check out some of her products at thedandylionstore.com

Margaret sent some fresh picked strawberries home with us. They are from Cabot, AR. I had a large bowl of them tonight. Pretty tasty.
Happy Mother's Day to our mothers and grandmothers. Gabe and I are so thankful for upbringing we were blessed with. Thank you for loving us and raising us in the way we should go. Being a mother is hard work, but is so worth it. We love you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment