CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 30, 2009

Flu Shot Drive-Thru

If you're not from Arkansas, you may not understand this post, but today I took Madison to a flu shot drive-thru! Our town sets up a drive-thru at the fair grounds where you stay in your car, drive through a building, roll down your window, and stick our your arm!

I went to the drive-thru last year to get my flu shot and only had to wait about 30 minutes. This year, the H1N1 shot was offered for the first time in Russellville to young children and pregnant women. I think everyone is pretty scared of getting the swine flu, therefore everyone and their dog decided to show up today.

Madison and I were in the car for 3 hours and 45 minutes. She was mad as a hornet. We waited in the never ending line for what seemed like forever! I finally decided to get her out of her car seat and nurse her while I was "rolling." The EMT's and sheriff's didn't seem to mind. I think everyone was a little frazzled at the long wait. I will say that next year I will try to do everything in my power to get her flu shot taken care of somewhere else! No more drive-thrus for us unless absolutely possible!

0 comments:

Post a Comment