CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Donut Monster & 35 Weeks

Little LuLu woke up at 6 a.m. this morning! Can you believe it? What was she thinking waking up so early on a Saturday morning? Ugh! It about killed me. I guess she's trying to help prepare me for Logan's arrival, although I really would rather not have her help right now!
After dozing back to sleep on the couch several times while Madison was watching cartoons and playing with toys, I finally decided to get up and head to the donut shop. Madison LOVES donut holes and I LOVE donuts, so it's a perfect match for us! We just got a new Shipley's Donut Store in town and it's pretty good. Madison ate her whole bag of donut holes! That's right, one dozen. Well, I did sneak one...

I am 35 weeks along today! It's so exciting. I had an OB appointment yesterday. I was really proud of myself because I only gained 2 pounds since I saw her 3 weeks ago. That's really good for me! Of course, I did have to starve myself all day yesterday, but hey, it worked. The only discouraging part was she didn't even mention my weight! Talk about letdown! The one time I did good, she didn't bring it up! Oh well.
Logan has been up in my ribcage this past week. I don't know if it's his foot or hand or what, but something is getting me. He is now more than 18 inches long and weighs around 5 1/4 pounds. My OB said she thought he might be a little bigger than Madison...around 7 lbs. Madison weighed 6 lbs, 11 oz when she was born. I'm fine with a 7 pound baby. It's a 9 and 10 pounder that I might not be able to handle.
I will now see my OB every week. I will have the Strep B test in a week and then my doc will start checking me each week to see if there is any progress. It's getting so close. I'm excited, but still have so much to do and not near enough energy. One thing is for sure- NO MORE SUMMER BABIES.
Logan's baby bedding should be ready next weekend, so that's a plus. Once I get the bedding/curtains up his room will look a lot more complete. Our recliner should be here in about 2 or 3 more weeks. I need to clean out both of the closets in his room and get them organized and then we should almost be set.
We have 2 baby showers coming up the beginning of August. Gabe's employees at work are throwing him and I a shower and then some friends of mine are throwing me a shower. Those are always fun!
We are leaving for Gulf Shores with my family this weekend. I'm looking forward to a relaxing week of hopefully some sun, nap time, and book time. I've got lots to do today to get packed and ready though so I better hop off here and get busy. Have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment