CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 4, 2010

32 Weeks & Happy 4th of July!

We are trucking right along at 32 weeks... Our baby boy is taking up more and more space and weighs as much as a large jicama -- about 3 3/4 pounds. (Length: about 16 3/4 inches, head to heel.) I know, I know. I've never heard of a jicama either, but apparently it's the only vegetable that weighs exactly 3 3/4 pounds or I'm sure the baby website would have referred to another vegetable that we've actually heard of! Ha!

It's been a busy holiday weekend. Saturday we headed to a family reunion (my mom's side) outside of Searcy. We spent the day eating and visiting and then headed over to my great grandmother's house (who passed away several years ago) to celebrate my Papa's 80th birthday. He does not look 80 to me. Probably because he is still so active for his age. He works hard, rides bikes, and flies planes!

Nathan, Phyllis, LaVonne, Dean, Deana, Sheila, & Angie
-my mother's parents and their 5 children
The Dean Cooper Family
Madison was not as excited as we were to take a family pic! Grandma tried to quickly fix the problem be giving her a cup of sweet tea, which she dumped all down the front of her dress. Yay!

Sorry, no smile for the camera...
Papa & Madison
Happy 80th Birthday, Papa! You don't look it!My great grandmother's house
Singin' Round the Porch

When you come from a musical family you don't ride horses- you ride guitars!
Yee-Haw!
And to top it all off...a brisket sandwich. Gettin' cheek deep like her momma!
Yum, Yum!
Today we had lunch with Gabe's family. Burgers and homeade ice cream. We spent the afternoon on the lake with the Tripp's. Madison had a blast riding the tube with her daddy. I think she "owns" the tube. I told Gabe it won't be long before she's kicking her him off the tube like her momma does. ;)
Hope you had a happy and safe 4th!

2 comments:

Meg

Madison has got to be one of the cutest little girls in the world Kristy!

Kristy

You should see her momma! She is a doll!

Post a Comment