Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Louisville, KY

She's not as innocent as she looks! Yes, it's been several days since we returned from Louisville, but I just haven't had it in me to write a long, and I mean LONG post. It takes such a long time to download all of the pics, plus think back and recap everything. But here goes... I hope you're in for some good laughs, because you will get them.

The pic above is Madison on her 1st plane ride. We woke up around 3:00am, and left the house at 4:30am to catch our flight at 6:00am in LR. We thought Madison would go back to sleep in the car on the way to LR, but SHE DIDN'T!

We had two flights Tuesday morning. The first flight was about 30 minutes long. Madison was a bit fussy on the plane. She sat in our lap, and moved around constantly. I think we pulled out every "trick" in our bags. It's a terrifying feeling to grab the last "trick," if you know what I mean. Thankfully, it was a short flight. The next flight had a very rough beginning and ending. We boarded the plane and waiting for it to take off. It's the waiting that gets you. We sat in row 1 with Airline Stewardess ANAL right in our faces. She spoke to Madison every time she passed know the kind of conversation... that sweet, annoying baby talk. She was very strict and did not want Madison standing. I understand she needed to be in our lap, but you've gotta do what you've gotta do, right? To say the least, I was embarrassed from all of the fussy, screaming, and clawing, but we finally took off. And guess what? The little monster fell asleep for the entire ride. But, she woke up as we were landing. We repeated the whole episode of fussing, screaming, and clawing, but finally headed off of the plane.

Madison was dog tired by the time we got in our rental car, so guess what we decided to do? Visit a museum! Sounds like a terrific plan, right? NO! Oh, but, we did! We visited the Louisville Slugger Museum/Factory. We took a tour of the factory where they make the bats. Madison was AWFUL! She screamed and clawed the entire time. Thankfully, the factory was pretty noisy (and had no A/C), but I felt terrible for our group. They did not pay to listen to a fussy baby. I was so glad when the tour was finally over. I couldn't believe I had just paid to exhaust myself.

After the tour was over, we tried to take a picture in front of this cute little set up, but Madison wanted NOTHING to do with it. Can you tell?


Okay, well, since the Cheetos didn't work, I'll try carrying you...
Exhausted yet? So were we!
Finally, we left the museum! Best decision of the day by far.
We ended our day with a great meal at The Old Spaghetti Factory. It was soo good. We took our DVD player in with us, and it kept Madison entertained during the entire meal. She was such a good girl. I know what you're probably thinking. A DVD player? Well, sometimes you've just gotta break the rules before she breaks YOU!
Wednesday we headed to the Louisville Zoo. It was a much better day! Madison loved the animals and did great. She actually stayed in her stroller most of the day.We left for lunch and came back and enjoyed their splash park. It was so fun, even for us parents.

I had a VERY hard time getting down on this slide, and an even harder time getting up.

Madison loved the petting zoo. She is soo not like her mother in this one area. She loves animals.

This was taken at the end of the day. Can you just hear her? "AHHHH!!!" (tense with toes pointed and back arched.)

Every girl needs a carousel ride with her daddy.
Would she like it? Um, not so sure.
Oh, it looks like we have a smile.

Can we go home now?
We ate at The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Oh My! One of my new favorite restaurants.
Their ketchup is to die for!

What are two girls to do with their free time? Head to Krispy Kreme for breakfast!

Madison is starting to learn to LOVE food like her mama!
We went to Churchill Downs horse track our last night there with Gabe's class. We got ticket's on the Millionaire's Row. It's an air conditioned room at the very top of the building. Apparently only millionaires can afford this seating during certain events of the year, but the night we attended, "normal" people could afford the seating. :) This was my first time to go to the horse races. And, it wasn't my thing. First of all, I do not understand how people figure out which horse they will bet on. There's a lot to it. Lots of numbers and stats. Second of all, if you're not going to drink and you're not going to bet, you really won't have any fun. It's actually quite boring. You go outside, watch a race, come inside, wait 30 more minutes, watch another race, and repeat. I saw pics of ladies wearing the big pretty hats and was really excited about seeing lots of well-dressed ladies. Not so much. I think I only saw 7 hats. However, on derby days the hat ladies do come out.
The crowd downstairs was a little rough for me. All you could smell was cigarette smoke and beer and it was soo hot. I thought my little pregnant self was going to pass out!
I did capture one darling hat, and this girl was enjoying all of the attention. I asked her to turn around so I could take a picture of her hat. She enjoyed it!
We left Madison at the hotel with a babysitter- she was the daughter of a PT in Gabe's class. If you get a chance, ask Gabe how much he paid her! HA!
Overall, we had a good time, but mama was worn plum out. It's a lot harder taking care of a baby in a hotel where all routines go out the window. The plane ride home was great. Madison was a champ.
These last few days she's been the sweetest little baby. She plays with her toys, and now gives kisses with the "smooch" sound. She is really turning into a little girl. And she is funny!


Post a Comment