CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 28, 2009

O Christmas Tree

After many hours, our Christmas tree is finally up! Last year, the popular Christmas fad was this deco mesh. I wanted to buy some last year to put on the tree, but didn't think I would be able to do a good job getting it on the tree. It's still really big this year, and I decided to give it a try after watching a mesh demonstration from Joe Turner at Mistletoe Market this year. (The mesh is red and green striped on my tree.) I fluffed each branch on our tree for probably 2 hours last night. Then, I put all 4 rolls on the tree, and I didn't think it looked good so I took all of it down.
I decided to give it up for the night and go to bed.
This morning, I put all 4 rolls of mesh on the tree again and I was finally satisfied. I put on as many ornaments as I thought I needed, but stopped with a whole tub of ornaments left over. Is it just me, or does it take hours to get the tree up? I had had enough fun for the day and thought the tree looked good enough, so here you have it...the Freyaldenhoven tree.
I really don't like the whole process of decorating for Christmas...I just really like the end result. I don't want to stress myself out about it this year, so I'm going to try to tackle all of the other decorations tomorrow. I'm really not in a hurry to get them up this year. It's just really hard to do with a baby. Notice that we did get a baby gate to put around the tree. I have tons of glittery ornaments and branches in my tree, and Madison loves to everything right now. I can just see her pulling everything off of the tree, much less pulling the tree on top of her. The baby gate just sounded like the safest best right now.
So, I really don't watch a lot of t.v. now that I'm a mom, but I do love a good Lifetime or Hallmark movie. Hallmark has the best holiday movies on right now. They go from noon until midnight. I haven't watched a whole movie yet, but I've caught bits and pieces.

0 comments:

Post a Comment