CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Here Comes Santa Claus...

Well, we were supposed to take family pictures this morning for our Christmas card, but it rained all. day. long. I had no idea it was going to rain. Our plan was to take the kids by the city mall to see Santa while they were all dressed up for pictures. Since we had already told Madison about Santa last night, we knew we still had to take them. This is Madison's first look at Santa.

Look at her cutting those eyes at him. She's trying to figure that old man out!

Madison was quite intrigued by Santa, but Logan went hysterical. He wasn't a fan, to say the least. Poor kid. He was scared to death!

Santa took Madison by the little finger and was quite taken by her. He said she looked like Cindy Lou.

Best Buddies already! I think he forgot to ask her the most important question of all...

Have you been a good girl this year???

Daddy jumped in the pic to try to get one more shot of Logan & Santa.

He still has a pouty lip.

I ordered the kids' matching outfits from Bizzy Bee Quilts in town. I thought they turned out pretty cute! Having two little ones 18 months apart sure is tough, but it's super fun dressing them alike. Worth it? Mmm, probably not, but might as well enjoy it!
Leaning in for some sugar!

Two cuties!

Now, on an honest note. I got really bent out of shape this morning when I realized we weren't going to be able to take our family pictures. I mean, if we didn't take them today when would we do it? Our Christmas Card wouldn't be mailed out the first of December and life would be doomed? Sounds silly now, but at the time that's exactly how I felt. And on Thanksgiving Day, we were supposed to eat at noon, but we didn't end up eating until 1:00pm! My brother misunderstood and thought we were eating at 1. Again, I got bent out of shape. Over food. Good food, I might add, but still. Just food.


I really hope that in all the hustle and bustle of this holiday season, that I just step back and take a look at everything around me. The holidays are supposed to be fun and enjoyable and a time to visit with family. But, I personally get frantic with all that there is to do and all the events that are to be attended, that I sometimes forget to enjoy the holiday season. I hope to allow myself to enjoy this Christmas season.


Santa is fun, but Christmas is not really about him. I want Madison to know what Christmas is really about. We'll be taking Madison to see the Living Nativity again that our church hosts each year. I also hope to start a few new family traditions!


Let's enjoy this holiday season...

0 comments:

Post a Comment