CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 18, 2011

Tubes

This precious baby boy had tubes put in his ears this morning. It was a rough night and rough day. Logan couldn't have anything to eat or drink after midnight last night, so I nursed him one last time at 11:30pm hoping he would sleep until morning.

Wrong. He woke up crying and hungry at 4:15am. Talk about one nervous momma! I turned the t.v. on in the living room and we watched t.v. until Gabe walked in the room and suggested that I take him for a drive to help him fall back asleep. Sure enough, he dozed off after just a few minutes of driving around.

We arrived at the new surgery center in Russellville, which is very nice by the way, at 6:30am and were pulling out by 8:00am. Logan was a lot fussier after his procedure than Madison was. He cried a lot more and wouldn't eat anything or nurse. He seemed to calm down after I just held him for a while. I guess he was just scared and confused. I think he will feel much better tomorrow. I felt so bad for him. I just hate for him to hurt, but I know these tubes will make everything better!

Tomorrow is a big day. A very special little girl in our household will turn the big 2! She knows it's her birthday tomorrow and knows that everyone is coming over for her party. I'm sure she will just eat up all the attention! Can't wait to celebrate her big day!

2 comments:

Kelsey

Goodness-I'm sorry that he had to have tubes so young. Hoping that he has a quick recovery and it makes him feel better. Was he having a lot of ear infections? I'm unfamiliar with tubes but I'm always scared Pax will need them.

Kristy

Kelsey, He only had one ear infection, but 4 antibiotics could not clear it up...so, tubes it was!

Post a Comment