CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 25, 2011

Logan's New Friend & WW

My friend, Melissa, welcomed her second baby boy into the world on Wednesday. She had a quick labor & delivery! I've joked with a couple of people that I'm so glad she had a good delivery that way she'll want one or two more! ;) Gabe and I took Logan up to the hospital to meet his new friend, Cooper Lee, Wednesday night. Cooper is a handsome little thing! So cute and tiny.
I had my third weigh-in for WW last night. I lost 2 pounds this past week! Whoop! Whoop! And the two weeks before last week combined I lost 1 pound. So, I've lost a grand total of 8 pounds so far. So far, so good. As long as I keep losing each week, I'm happy. I exercised quite a bit more this past week than I have been able to before due to sick kids and busy schedules. Exercise really does help majorly!

I found a great website called skinnytaste.com. A woman named Gina has made up tons of recipe's for cooking light. She has also listed the WW points for each recipe. Spinach Lasagna Rolls was my first recipe on her website to try out and Gabe and I both really like them. You should try them out. Very simple to prepare and yum-o!

Spinach Lasagna Rolls
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 9 • Serving Size: 1 roll • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 6 ww pts
Calories: 224.9 • Fat: 5.1 g • Fiber: 3.4 g • Protein: 13.0 g • Carbs: 31.5

9 lasagna noodles, cooked
10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
15 oz fat free ricotta cheese (I like Polly-o)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg
salt and fresh pepper
32 oz marinara sauce
9 tbsp (about 3 oz) part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 350°. Combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Ladle about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking dish.

Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry. Take 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over noodle. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.

Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese. Put foil over baking dish and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese melts. Makes 9 rolls.

0 comments:

Post a Comment