CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 2, 2010

So...What's it like with two babies???

Well, it's exciting, wonderful, fun, scary, emotional, chaotic, and stressful! Sometimes I smile. Sometimes I laugh. Sometimes I scream. Sometimes I cry. Oh, the roller coaster of post-pregnancy hormones...and life with two babies.

The past week and a half has actually gone quite well for having two small ones in the house. Logan is such a good baby. He sleeps pretty much all day long and doesn't cry unless he's hungry. I am so thankful that he is a low maintenance baby. Madison was such a high maintenance baby. Life would be a lot crazier if he demanded more of my time and energy.

Logan is a pretty heavy sleeper during the day. Not much will wake him up. He does have his nights and days mixed up. He seems to become alert just as we are getting ready for bed. It's much harder to get him to go to sleep at night. I'm hoping this will get better soon.

Madison has done pretty well with Logan. She likes to look at him, hug him, kiss him, and would lay all over him if we let her. We have to really watch her. I don't think she's learned what the word "gentle" means yet. She doesn't understand that he is very fragile! The last couple of days have been a bit rough though. I think Madison is struggling with a little bit of anxiety with all of the sudden change. She doesn't want to be put down for a nap or bedtime. She cries a lot and for long periods of time if you let her. I think she is afraid of us leaving her alone. I don't blame her. Sometimes I feel like crying for long periods of time too! Ha! :) Hopefully this stage will pass soon. She is also cutting a tooth and has been running fever every day for about 5 days now. She usually runs fever for about a week and a half, so it looks like this may last for a little bit longer.
This morning I took the two babies out for a morning stroll...our first time with the three of us. They did great. Logan slept the whole time and Madison rode in silence! It was cool and breezy, but still very humid. I just needed to get out of the house and see some "big people!"

Tonight we have Open House for Mother's Day Out. Madison will meet her new teachers. I hope she does well. I'm a little nervous about how she will do next week. More change...

Here are a few pics that I've taken lately...Enjoy!




2 comments:

Lydia Lonon Miller

Wow! Logan has ALOT of hair! Love it! I think he looks more like Gabe.

Kristy

I think he looks like a little Gabe myself!

Post a Comment