CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 17, 2010

MOMs, baby showers, & good deals!

Friday morning, we had our April MOMs meeting at the church. Connie Campbell, on the left in the pic above, was our guest speaker. She spoke on "Teaching Your Children to Love God's Word." It was such a blessing. Such an emotional and important topic. I heard lots of sniffles in the room and I wiped lots of tears off of my face. Don't we all want our children to learn how to love God's Word? It's such a huge and somewhat scary responsibility that we have as parents.

Our craft this month was so fun, but a little stressful. We made magnetic boards. We covered a wooden picture frame with scrapbook paper/modge podge. It was very time consuming and tedious. Then we inserted a piece of metal (magnetic board) inside the frame and added cute magnetic close pins and other decor to the board. I think we spent an hour and a half on this project. I was a little afraid we wouldn't get to everything, but we did...thankfully!

Oh, wow! Doesn't this look so good. Well, it was. This chicken berry salad is one of my favorite meals that our church kitchen prepares. It had cashews, water chestnuts, strawberries, grilled chicken, and bacon on it, topped with a homemade blueberry vinaigrette dressing. YUM!

Oh, and this chocolate cake was soo good. The icing had to be homemade. The pieces were huge. I ate every bit of mine and think I could have eaten another.

This morning I helped host a friend's baby shower. Lydia is expecting a baby girl named Harper in June. She is 31 weeks along. She had three miscarriages before Harper...her miracle baby. Lydia has been such an encouragement to all of us. Throughout everything, she has kept such a positive attitude and had such strong faith in the Lord. I cannot wait until she gets to hold her precious baby girl in her arms.

GRACO DUO GLIDER STROLLER
Retail Price $129.99
Okay, I'm so excited to tell you about my great find. I just became excited about it today, because I was afraid that I messed up. Gabe happened to come across this used stroller in town. I went and looked at it and noticed there was mildew on both of the seats. The "for sale" price was $80. Seriously? I mentioned the mold and the lady came down $30 bucks. I said, I'll take it. I thought I could spray the seats, scrub a little, and get the mildew out no problem. Well, that didn't happen. The sprays didn't really do anything and I was left feeling a little ripped off. I should have only paid $25. Well, my MIL said to try Clorox spray. I tried it today and it got rid of every bit of the mildew. It did change the olive green shade to a light kiwi green, but you'd never know it because it lightened perfectly evenly. I spent about an hour and a half on it, but am so proud of our great find. It just made my day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment