CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 6, 2012

Long time no see!

I know, I know! It's been a REALLY long time since I've blogged. Like, over a month. I honestly have not had anything to blog about and frankly just haven't been in the mood. Here's what we've been up to:

Madison will be THREE on February 19th. It's kind of hard to believe, yet I'm glad we've almost made it to three. It's been a very challenging, but fun three years. I've been planning a very simple "Dora" party for Madison. That is the theme she chose. I am not going all out on decorations, in fact, there will probably be none exept for a few ballons. But, I will be cooking a big meal. We will have Dora cupcakes and sugar cookies and....Dora and Boots WILL BE at the party! Oh, yes they will. Madison knows they are coming and I can't wait to see her face when they arrive. We took this picture today out in the yard to use on her birthday invitation. I can't wait to see the finished product!
Besides planning for a Dora party, I've been busy keeping up with my Professional Development hours for my teaching certification. I've kept up with my certification each year since I quit teaching. It's a chore to get 60 hours each year, but it's worth it to have my license current at all times.

We've enjoyed many warm days lately here in Russellville. It's kind of been strange, but we really haven't had a very cold winter. I'm loving it. I've been running outside on the days that it is warm instead of hitting the gym. It does so much more for me mentally to be outside. It's great "thinking" time!

Logan is still into everything these days, although it seems like it's getting a little bit better. He and Madison play very well together and Madison has been calling him "Buddy" lately. I think it's pretty cute. Her teachers at school said she keep a very close eye on him during playtime in the gym. I have no doubt that Madison will be ready for Kindergarten! In fact, I think she may be ready to teach kindergarten by the time she is old enough to enter! Ha!

Some other exciting news is that our new Minister of Music just moved to town today! I had the pleasure of attending OBU with him. We sang together in Ouachita Singers and even went on tour to China together with the Ouachita Singers. I consider it such a priviledge to get to serve in music with a special friend. I know God has many great things in store for FBC, Russellville.

Well, the dishes are waiting and I'm still in my workout clothes. Better hit the shower and get busy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment